I am wondering if you can give me some advice. I am 16 and have been dating a 28 year old for a few months. My parents found out and are really upset. They won’t let me go anywhere with him, they threaten legal action if they seem him even put his arm around me, and they’re constantly trying to break us up. I love him and he says he loves me, so I don’t see it as bad, like my parents do. How do I get them to understand that this guy may be “the one” and that they should leave us alone?
At 16, you don’t know what love is..I hate to say that, but it’s true. Sixteen year-olds often confuse the excitement of a new relationship for feelings of love but it isn’t until you’ve matured into your late 20’s or early 30’s that you really understand yourself enough to know what love feels like. The other factor is this guy’s age. Sure, a 12 year age gap in Hollywood is nothing, but in the real world, it’s a HUGE gap. You’ll have very little to relate to in life, you have very different immediate goals and long term goals, and (it’s just gross to think of it on this level but..) think of it on a different level: when he was your age, you would have been 4. Would you have dated him then? I don’t think so.
You like this guy, but in the long run it won’t work. It’s time someone else tells you what your parents have been trying to say. Deny it all you’d like, but a year or two down the road-maybe sooner- and you’ll see what I mean.
This past weekend, I heard some moron on the radio saying 88 degrees was “fantastic weather”. I will gladly disagree with that. In 88 degree weather, people sweat in places that shouldn’t sweat on a regular basis, a “sheen” develops on people’s skin that makes even handshakes seem like a disgusting sexual experience, and having a beer becomes more like a chore than a treat. 88 degrees sucks (not as bad as 98 Degrees did..haha), and yet weather people make it seem like it’s happy, comfy, pleasant weather. LIES!…all LIES!
Most Americans feel 88 degrees and think, “Hmm, my thighs are drippy..I should go back in the house or get into some water.” Weather people seem to be catering to the small number of Americans that feel 88 degrees and think, “Wow, 88 degrees! I can’t tell if that’s my armpit sweat or back sweat dripping down into the back of my shorts, but it’s refreshing!”
Here are a few other points that weather people should keep in mind when reading forecasts:
1. Anything above 75 is hot…HOT. These are also known as douchebag temperatures because the Ed Hardy wearing douchebags start showing up at the lake to ruin the fun for everyone.
2. Anything under 65-75 is not “cooler”. THAT is the “beautiful day” range that gets everyone outside.
3. Anything in the 55-65 degree weather is “perfect sleeping weather”. Open those windows and enjoy. Don’t tell people to wear a jacket or to bundle up. Old people can’t hear what you’re saying anyway, so talk to the rest of us.
4. Rainy weather isn’t miserable. It’s simply time to play indoors..like when it rained over recess back in our childhood. Don’t bring everyone down.
5. Snow sucks. Yeah, the first snowfall is beautiful, but after that, snow sucks even if it’s a dusting. Learn to hate it as much as the rest of us.
6. Some people need to stop doing the weather. Enough said. To those of you not watching WCCO, let’s say there’s a tornado coming. Some of them will spend 15 minutes talking about the cloud shapes above their grandma’s house and about 10 seconds talking about the tornado that is about to relocate you to Canada. They talk just to talk and he suck. WCCO is still awesome though. Don Shelby oozed enough coolness there to last a lifetime.
7. Don’t go outside to show off your fancy-schmancy garden or some sort of hi-tech screen. Just tell me if the weather will be hot, crappy, perfect, cool, or any combination of the above.
8. Your radar is all the same. I don’t care if it’s the “Channel 11 SuperMegaFantasmaDoppler” or the “Channel 9 UltraInfiniAwesome-O Doppler” radar. It tells you what the sky is doing then you tell us what we can expect. Big deal…
9. Speaking of telling us what to expect, don’t be so reliant on your technology. I am sure you know how pissed people get when you say things like “It’ll be the blizzard of the century, better say your goodbyes tonight..” or “It’ll be sunny today with a high of 65 so get out and enjoy your fantastic day” and the opposite ends up happening. Somewhere in the sunny winter weather there is a kid with a snowball, and somewhere in that rainy spring downpour there is a woman waiting to push your face into a mud puddle. If you’re not sure, just tell us.
10. Unless you’re FOX 9’s Keith Marler, don’t make jokes. Keith is the king of entertaining morning weather. He’s quirky, funny, and just plain entertaining. His humor makes even the crappiest of forecasts seem tolerable whereas other weather people will crack a joke and squirm through the delivery, leaving the rest of us to feel like we’ve been morally violated. It’s like watching a sports guy talk about movies. They don’t know movies (unless it’s sports movies), and anything they say outside of sports seems like a waste of time.
11. Eye candy. A beautiful/handsome weather person is always helpful as well, but for God’s sake, find some intelligent ones. Chikage Windler is a perfect of a smart and attractive weather woman. I watched a weather person in South Carolina that looked like a Hollister model but made me wish I was deaf, so I muted the broadcast and put on some music. Weather people should be smart AND informational as well as attractive. Keith Marler is the only one that should be funny…because he was born that way.
Hopefully, you can share this and hopefully, weather people will read it and take note. Don’t even get me started on TV sports casters.
I am a 27 year old guy, not a “hot guy”, I don’t have a ripped body or anything, I consider myself average. I am also dating a wonderful woman who most guys would consider average too. I am not complaining about that at all, I just want to make that clear. What I have an issue with is that my girlfriend has really ugly friends. I am not talking about the “woah-she’s-ugly” type, I am talking about the, “what the hell is that-that’s your face?” ugly. On top of the ugliness, they’re also overweight and wear ridiculously slutty clothes when out clubbing. If they head to the dance floor, it’s all whale’s tails and FUPAs. Not flattering at all.
My girlfriend had been friends with them for years and the entire year we’ve been dating, she keeps asking me to bring guy friends along when we go out with them (because we’re the only dating couple), but when I show guys their pictures, they’re always repulsed. I get tired of making excuses for why they won’t come, so what do I do now? Do I come out and tell her that her friends are ugly and have poor fashion taste, or do I suck it up and beg a guy friend to take one for the team? I feel bad that we’re always the odd couple out, but I’d feel worse blindsiding a friend with her friends.
I don’t know where you’re from, but if you want a look at ugly, go people watch at the Minnesota State Fair. There are people there that could scare rust off of metal. I say that in a general sense of course because everyone has their “ugly days”. Most people can spruce themselves up to at least be presentable.
Your girlfriend’s friends sound like they are not necessarily able to do that. Maybe they’re dressing slutty to attract attention since they may have lowered self esteem due to the lack of attractiveness when compared to you and your GF. As beautiful as they may be on the inside, it appears that most people can’t get past the outside in order to see the inner beauty.
Don’t blindside your friends. Leave them out of this one and have a talk with your girlfriend. Let her know that your friends and her friends have different standards for dating and your friends don’t appear to be interested. Yes, it may cause an argument and yes, boils down to attraction because honestly, it HAS to at some point involve attraction. Even if your friends and your GF’s friends got along well, it wouldn’t be more than a friendship unless there was attraction and you stated your friends were not at all attracted to them.
That said, it’s also time you stop being so hard on them and show a little more compassion. You’re placing yourself on a different level than them and you’re not realizing the bond that they share with your girlfriend. If your girlfriend means anything to you and you want this to be long term, you’ll have to learn to like these women for who they are. Spend more time with these women and not more time judging them. They are probably cool people, regardless of looks.