I just started dating a guy who is a CRAZY driver. Had I known this before I started dating him I probably would have passed him over. Here’s a list of things that happened on the first time I rode with him:
1. He speeds, constantly. What’s your hurry? If you’re needing to speed, you should evaluate how you spend your time.
2. He darts in and out of lanes, also constantly. It isn’t a race and to me, everyone needs to get there alive.
3. He wasn’t watching and ran a stop sign. Seriously?? It’s the big red thing on the side of the curb. Not easy to miss.
4. He yielded the wrong way on a roundabout. Yield to left, drive to right. How hard is that?
5. He ran another stop sign at a Target. His excuse was that those aren’t “real” stop signs.
6. He almost Tboned a car leaving the restaurant lot (his fault). He beeped, and swore at the other driver, then tailgated him for a few minutes.
I really like this guy but driving with him, I swear my life flashed before my eyes several times. I don’t honestly know what to do here. He seems so mild mannered but behind the wheel he’s psychotic. I don’t drive liek a grandma either, if that’s what you’re thinking.
What do I do?
I am always annoyed by drivers who constantly feel the need to speed, drivers who swerve and jockey for space in
traffic, and drivers who drive as if they own the road. I don’t speed, I don’t drive as if I’m playing Mario Kart (though I could whip your ass in Mario Kart..any of you..), and I certainly don’t have enough money to own any road so there’s no sense in pretending I do. I’ve driven with women that make me want to wear a diaper just in case I crap myself out of sheer terror but spending time with someone that is a bad driver is not a deal breaker for me, though it appears as if this IS for you. I’d have a talk with this guy and let him know you’re not comfortable with his driving. Ask him to be a bit more mature/relaxed/non-psycho when driving and see what he says. If he freaks out, you’re better off without him. If he obliges, this may be just a little glitch and you can easily correct it. Good luck!