Olivia and I in Chicago was a blast. We got lost in 95 degree heat the first day, got caught in a downpour the next, but I realized some important things along the way:
1) Olivia is city savvy. She had the subway system figured out by the end of the first day.
2) Buses in Chicago are on time. VERY on time. Don’t even try running after one that has left the curb. You get a smirk for the driver and you WILL get left behind.
3) Olivia is really good at navigating in large crowds. I was looking around me the whole time while walking downtown and she kept up. I didn’t need to stress, but I did. I am a dad..that’s my job.
4) 95 degrees in downtown Chicago is like 105 with all of the people.
5) Check the motel website as well as Orbitz. Orbitz said my motel had a pool and free breakfast. The only pool was my tub and the closest breakfast was Dunkin Donuts across the street..not free.
6) Chicago has some ugly newscasters…but damn, they are good at the news.
Here are a few pics..
..and the ugly newscaster rounds it out.