As promised, I made the gluten free, dairy free chocolate chip cookies. I had them earlier this year and loved them, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to introduce them to my readers. You really do need to keep a close eye on these cookies, and you do have some choices to make in ingredients, but all in all, these are a great cookie.
Here is what you will need:
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cup Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil, (for a less coconutty taste use ultra filtered coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup pure Agave Syrup
- 2 whole Eggs
- 3 cup Almond Flour
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Melt coconut oil, pour into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a parchment-lined baking sheet (or PAM sprayed tin foil), drop balls of cookie dough, about a tablespoon in size.
- Pop them in the oven and keep a close eye on them. When they start to turn golden brown, remove them and place on a cool surface. If they’re slightly doughy, you may also place them in the freezer and eat slightly frozen.
Enjoy! Olivia and I made them tonight. Here are the pictures of the finished product: